We are a christian homeschooling family of 4, living the farm life in north central Alabama. rWe are trying to live as simply and purposely as possible. Follow along as we pilgrim along this wonderful life!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mistletoe Bough and a new friend

Last night, Brad and I got to stay in a Bed and Breakfast for the very first time. It was beautiful! And very romantic..... Old and full of history unspoken. (if only walls could talk!) We stayed in The Master Suite which was where all the babies of the original owners was born. Quite neat! It was "the blue room" and was very much peaceful.



The Master Suite
 

The Master Suite


 
I just can't say enough great things about it! It was built by a banker in 1895. The family eventually lost the house and I suppose it sat empty a long time with no one to love it. It was set to be demolished, but someone didn't let that happen. It was seen and finally taken care of. This huge, wonderful piece of history didn't crumble after all and was taken over by lovely JoAnn, who now owns Mistletoe Bough with her husband, and runs it. Let me tell you~that is a BIG job because this home is HUGE.
 
Mistletoe Bough
 
If you are ever close to Alexander City, Alabama, you will definately need to rest your weary head here at Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast.
 
upstairs hallway to bedrooms
 
 
The next best thing about a Bed and Breakfast is, you quessed it.....
 
.Breakfast!
 
We had diced fresh fruit, banana-walnut pancakes and sausage. Yummy! It was most delish!
 
 
I am a very blessed woman. Not only did I get to spend the night in a most romantic home, I met a new friend! *A kindred spirit of sorts!*  JoAnn, the owner, has a niece visting from California and we met and quess what? She loves chickens, natural things, cooking and I could go on and on....
She has a blog too :)
I am looking forward to corresponding with her, reading her blog and just chatting. Her name is Linda and when I figure out how to do it, I will post her blog link. From what I hear, she has a tiny little kitchen! :)
 
 Yes, I'm still learning!
 
Warmly,
Melissa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment