We are a christian homeschooling family of 4, living the farm life in north central Alabama. rWe are trying to live as simply and purposely as possible. Follow along as we pilgrim along this wonderful life!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

As Christians We Need More- Part 1

I got you didn't I?
Today, Brad did the preaching at church. He will be the FIRST one to tell you that he is not a preacher, but he sure does a good job,and I'm not just saying that because I love him and everything...... He really does. He's helping out while our church finds a full time preacher.

This was the title of the lesson.

  As Christians We Need More.


What do we need more of?
 
We need more commitment.
 
 Commitment to God, our families, to each other and to the Church.

This world does a good job of distracting us doesn't it? Satan would like nothing better than for us to stay un-focused and distracted, all the while pursuing worldly lusts. What does The Lord say about this?

Commitment to God~~

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these
 things shall be added to you.
Matt 6:33
 
Commitment to each other~~
 
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one
 another as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13: 34-35
 
Commitment to our families~~
 
But if anyone does not provide for his own,
and especially for those of his household,
 he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
1Timothy 5:8





Commitment to the Church~~

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine.
 Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1Timothy 4:16
 
I do believe I'll be working on my commitment... then I may not have time to pursue all the things that can take me away from the things that matter most!
 
Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment